Keeping Our Patients Safe
All visitors to Neerim Health must show proof of double COVID-19 vaccination, or provide a negative rapid antigen test (RAT) taken and dated on the day of their visit.
Visitors are responsible for obtaining and taking the RAT and are unable to collect a RAT from Neerim Health.
Any visitor who cannot provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination will also be provided an N95 mask to wear for the duration of their visit.
Please carry your proof of vaccination, vaccination exemption, or negative RAT on you at all times when visiting.
Please note, patients can attend Neerim Health for treatment and care, regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Please respect our staff and adhere to all directives, as we work through this together.
Visits must be for a purpose, which includes:
- To provide support that is necessary for the patient’s emotional or physical wellbeing.
- As a nominated person under the Mental Health Act
- To providing interpreter or informal language support
- For learning to support the resident’s care upon discharge
- As a carer of a patient with a disability
- Accompanying someone to the emergency department or outpatient clinic
Visitors are not to visit a hospital to see patients if they:
- Have tested positive to COVID-19 within the last 10 days, or
- Have had contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the previous 7 days (if fully vaccinated) or in the previous 14 days (if not fully vaccinated), or
- Have COVID-19 symptoms, or
- Are waiting for a COVID-19 test result, or
- Have arrived from an international location within the last 7 days
Requirement For Visitors And Carers In All Areas
- We recommend that all visitors are vaccinated.
- All visitors will be required to wear a N95 mask throughout their visit along with undertaking hand hygiene.
- Masks can be provided at the entry points of the hospital along with hand hygiene.
- People with masks exemptions will be asked to wear a face shield
- Children under 16 will require authorisation from the Nurse in Charge prior to visiting.